Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sloppy Joes


I made this recipe for lunch during a play date and we both really liked it.  My pictures didn't turn out very well, so I'm just showing you the finished product served with some sweet potato fries from the frozen food section at Walmart.  The Pioneer Woman did an wonderful job with her steps so I'm just going to give you the link to her site and tell you about a couple tweaks I made.


  1. I used 1 pound of ground beef and cut everything else in half.
  2. I used leftover red bell pepper from the stir fry instead of green
  3. I used smoked paprika instead of chili powder.  It gives it a smokey, kind of BBQ-y flavor instead of heat.
  4. I did use tomato paste, but not Tabasco sauce
There you have it.  A quick easy recipe that was also great as leftovers served over a baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment