Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Monday: Family Dinner at Cracker Barrel

Most people hate Mondays.  It means the weekend's over, it's back to the grind and family leisure time is over.  Not for me!  I love Mondays because it means I don't have to worry about dinner (three times a month at least, I'm in charge of dinner once a month) and more importantly, I get to reconnect with Steve's family.  For the last few years we have been having family dinners Steve's mom and dad, his younger brother and his wife, his older brother, and his grandma.  When we first started these in 2007, there were six of us, but in 2009, Steve's younger brother got married and we had Wrigley.

Each household takes a turn planning where and when we meet and provides a meal.  This week we went to Cracker Barrel which is a rare treat because it's about 15 miles away.  I had the chicken and dumplings and it was delicious.  I also got to share some wonderful news about Susan....but I'll let her tell you about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment