Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dinner at my house


Remember that poll we had over a month ago asking what recipes you would like to see on here?  Well, the winner was family dinners, so this week I will be sharing my menu plan and recipe tutorials throughout the week.  I must confess up front that if a day gets hectic and I'm not able to take step by step photos, I will at least make sure you have a photo of the finished product and the recipe.

I should mention a couple things about our family that affect our meals.  1) Every Monday, we have a family dinner with Steve's family which often means going out to eat, and 2) Wednesday nights are when our house church meets for a potluck dinner, so I will be sharing what I made for the potluck. So, here is this week's menu:

Monday: 
Family dinner at Cracker Barrel 

Tuesday: 
Alfredo pasta with bacon, peas and red pepper and homemade bread

Wednesday: 
Thanksgiving Dressing (made from scratch)

Thursday: 
Chicken stir-fry with rice

Friday: 
Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries, green beans and peanut butter cookies

Saturday: 
Honey pecan chicken with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots

Sunday: 
Chicken pot pie


Do you like this idea?  Please post a comment below.  Hate it?  Please keep your comments to yourself. My self-esteem is very fragile right now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment